The raised floor is a technical system made up of removable elements that requires a few simple rules for maintenance.
So here are some tips to keep in mind to preserve the stability of the system:
- Always use lift trucks to move heavy loads, inserting between the panels and the wheels of a rigid body (for example, wood planks ) for proper load distribution .
- If you’re operating on a raised floor with a transverse structures (where the tightness is guaranteed by the seal of the subfloor ), you must pay special attention not to damage or remove seals of the columns and crossbars: in this specific case, if this happens, you need to assess whether it is appropriate to provide for their replacement.
- In case you need to remove and the posing of the raised floor that must be compulsorily using the appropriate tools for lifting, in any way, avoiding the use of mechanical means to make a lever between the panels .
- To replace the panels that make up the raised floor , it is recommended to perform the procedure with the utmost care , exerting a slight pressure, but at the same time ensuring that the neighboring panels are placed in the correct way .
- It should be particularly scrupulous in case you are performing maintenance on a raised floor that includes accessories, not to damage the connections.
If maintenance involves cutting or drilling panels with accessories, you should keep a distance from the edge of the panel, to ensure the strength of the concentrated load: You should not make cuts less than 10 cm from the edges and use the equipment most suitable depending on the type of panel.
Recall, finally, that the raised floor must be installed in a dry and protected space, at a temperature between 5 ° C and 35 ° C and relative humidity between 40% and 75%.