SUPPLY AND INSTALLATION OF OVER 20,000 SQM OF RAISED FLOOR FOR THE NEW PRESTIGIOUS LOUVRE MUSEUM OF ABU DHABI.
Designed by architect Jean Nouvel, winner of the Pritzker Prize, the Louvre in Abu Dhabi is one of the most ambitious cultural projects in the world, comprising 55 individual buildings inspired by the medina and Arab settlements.
The special feature of this prestigious work is the 180 metre high silver dome, consisting of almost 8000 metal stars incorporated in a complex geometric pattern.
Nesite has contributed to the completion of the project by installing over 20,000 square metres of raised floor suitable for museum applications, with high mechanical (Class 5) and seismic (Eurocode and UBS) characteristics.
The Louvre in Abu Dhabi is a project of enormous complexity, with high product customisation, which also includes Leed certification.
01. Fully accessible floor system, composed of:
• panels with calcium sulphate core, 1400 x 233 mm and thickness 38 mm, with bottom covering in galvanised steel tray, thickness 1 mm, and top finishing in marble or natural stone of various types: Black Marquina, Black Saint Laurent, Red Levanto, Oman stone, Blue du Hainaut. Each panel has a protective perimeter frame in bronzed brass.
• BPC structure completely in galvanised steel, composed of columns positioned in special module 700×700 mm.
• Stringers in galvanised steel with special square section 50×50 mm, suitable for extra-heavy loads.
02. Partially accessible floor system, composed of:
• TETRIS Floor panels, in calcium sulphate with tongue and groove edge, thickness 32 mm, density 1500 kg/m³ and fire reaction class A1 (non-combustible).
• MPL structure in galvanised steel, composed of columns positioned in standard module 600×600 mm.